If one of the most important things to you when booking your rental car for your holiday is to get the best deal, you’ll want to check out budget car rentals. This way you can save money on travel, and have more to spend when you reach your destination.
But how do you make sure that you are getting the most out of your money? Here are some questions that you’ll need to ask yourself before making your booking:
What sort of car do you need?
The smallest car might not actually be the best choice for you. How many people will be travelling with you and how much luggage do you have? You need to make sure that it will all fit in.
How much do you want to spend on running costs?
It’s no good booking a cheap car, just to find out that it’s a gas guzzler. Find out the cost to run price before you make your final decision.
What extras do you need?
Do you need a child seat, or other amenities? Some deals might seem really cheap at first glance, but the extras might hike the price up, so it’s important to find out exactly what the rate includes.
And here are some tips, to help you get the most out of your budget rental car:
- Book in advance to negotiate the best price – this will also ensure that there are plenty of car choices for you so you don’t end up disappointed.
- Check for online discounts and deals – there are often vouchers and coupons in all areas, so keep your eyes out for them.
- Get insurance to protect you for if things go wrong – choose from a cover that protects you from shock expenses while you are away.
- Check The Condition of the Vehicle When Renting A Car to ensure that you don’t end up paying for damage that isn’t your fault. Look at the body work, the tyres, and report anything that you notice to make sure that the staff are aware of it before you drive the car away.
- Check the fuel level before you leave – you’ll be expected to return the car with the same amount in. If you don’t do this, you might end up stung with a fuel charge later in the month. Take a photograph as evidence before you leave, so you can prove that this is what you have done.
- Choose a reputable company – check for reviews from other customers to make sure that you’re picking a car rental place that will really look after you. If you end up paying a less than reputable company, you might end up spending more money in the long run, or even worse, end up with no car at all!
Renting a car doesn’t have to be a massive expense, as long as you shop smartly, so get online and do your research to find the best deal for you!